Monday 4 January 2016

Review: Unforgiven - Lauren Kate

Unforgiven by Lauren Kate, published by Corgi on 12th November 2015

Goodreads synopsis:
High school can be hell.

Cam knows what it’s like to be haunted. He’s spent more time in Hell than any angel ever should. And his freshest Hell is high school, where Lilith, the girl he can’t stop loving, is serving out a punishment for his crimes.

Cam made a bet with Lucifer: he has fifteen days to convince the only girl who really matters to him to love him again. If he succeeds, Lilith will be allowed back into the world, and they can live their lives together. But if he fails…there’s a special place in Hell just for him.

Review:
This is the book that all Cam fans will have been waiting for.  If you love a bad boy then Cam will have definitely caught your eye from his frequent appearances in the Fallen novels.  While the latter books were focused on the eternal love affair between Luce and Daniel, Cam was the mysterious angel with a secret heartbreak that I wanted to see more of.  He was always there in the background, although the details of his story were never revealed.  Until now.  Finally, Cam's story is unravelled in the brilliant 'Unforgiven'.

Cam and Lilith's past is gradually revealed in a series of flashbacks, while in the present he has to try and rescue Lilith from an eternal hell that she has been trapped in since they last parted.  I really enjoyed the plot of 'Unforgiven'.  It was well paced, the story kept me gripped and intrigued and I couldn't wait to see if Cam was going to win back the heart of the only girl he had ever loved.  I was also interested to see what had really happened when the two were torn apart. 

It was lovely getting to see Cam in an entirely new light.  A softer, more gentle side to him was revealed and one where he is selfless and interested only in helping Lilith, even if it means sacrificing himself.  I loved Cam and I really liked Lilith too.  I think I appreciated them as a couple, even more than Luce and Daniel.  Although Lilith is trapped in hell, I enjoyed seeing her beginning to open up and embrace her love of music which in turn leads to her opening herself to Cam and letting him back into her life and her heart.

I have had a bumpy relationship with Lauren Kate's Teardrop saga but she has a definite winner with this book.  It was fabulous and Fallen fans should definitely go out and get their hands on a copy.  You won't be disappointed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails