Thursday 14 January 2016

Review: See How They Run - Ally Carter

See How They Run by Ally Carter, published by Orchard on 14th January 2016

Goodreads synopsis:
Grace thought finding her mother's killer would bring her peace. But the truth has only made her a target. on Embassy Row, trust is a luxury. Death is a very real threat. And a girl like Grace should be very careful about which secrets she brings to light...


Review:
'See How They Run' is the second book in the Embassy Row series and a fantastic read to kick off 2016!  What a brilliant and gripping sequel to last year's 'All Fall Down'.  Grace is still struggling with the secret she uncovered about her mother's death and there are plenty more surprises lying in wait for her. 

The plot was really thrilling.  Grace has to come to the rescue of handsome boy next door Alexei when trouble comes calling and he's accused of something he didn't do.  She's not a girl to back down from a fight and even though she is dealing with her own traumas, she won't let him go it alone.  I thought Ally Carter did a terrific job of keeping the story moving along swiftly, ensuring that I had to keep on and on reading.  This is definitely a book that you will have to finish in one sitting.

I absolutely love the unique setting of this series.  Embassy Row is full of political intrigue and conspiracy and it adds an additional element to the story that the countries are trying to avoid an international incident.  It means that when Grace comes barrelling in, you know there is going to be trouble ahead.

Grace is not the easiest character to get to know and she is dealing with a lot of issues, but I find myself liking her more and more.  I have my fingers crossed that her and Alexei might finally pair up because I think they would make a great couple.

The ending was a real jaw dropper and I can't believe the curveball that Ally Carter has thrown in.  How Grace deals with such an incredible revelation will be very interesting to see.  I think it could change the whole dynamic of the series from here on in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails