Monday 27 October 2014

Review: Misty Falls - Joss Stirling

Misty Falls by Joss Stirling, published by Oxford University Press on 2nd October 2014

Goodreads synopsis:
Misty is a one-girl disaster zone. Born with a Savant 'gift' that means she can never tell a lie, her compulsive truth-telling gets her into trouble wherever she goes.

So when she meets Alex: gorgeous, confident, and impossibly charming, Misty instantly resolves to keep her distance . . . Someone so perfect could never be hers, surely?

But a dark shadow has fallen across the Savant community. A serial killer is stalking young people who have these special mental powers. Soon one of them will be taken to the edge of death . . . and beyond.




Review:
This is one of my favourite series, featuring the wonderful Benedict brothers and their search to find their soulfinders.  I love the idea of there being one perfect person out there for everyone.  A person who will complete you and be your other half.  Joss Stirling writes these characters so brilliantly and their story is so addictive that I'm always left wanting to read more about them and their lives.

Although I automatically want to read every single one of Joss Stirling's books, I was a little bit worried when I found out that 'Misty Falls' would centre around a new character, savant Misty, rather than focusing on one of the Benedicts.  I needn't have worried though because Misty and the confident and charming Alex, drew me into the story immediately.  They have quite a rocky relationship but I found it more realistic to see them having to overcome a lot of issues rather than automatically getting their happy ending.  Plus, it's a huge bonus that we do still get to see some of Uriel's story, along with the other Benedict brothers who pop up throughout the book.

One of the main plot strands involves a serial killer on the loose, who is targeting the savant community.  I had no idea who it was and this added a real element of surprise particularly in the second half of the book which was very tense and dramatic.

I love reading about the savant community and discovering the special gifts that each of them have.  Misty's 'gift' means that she can't tell a lie and can sense immediately when anyone around her is not telling the truth.  Her ability initially causes some friction with Alex but it was great getting to see them work out their problems.  I would only say that I would have liked more romance because this is always one of my favourite things about Joss's books and there weren't nearly enough kisses for my liking!

'Misty Falls' was a brilliant read and a fantastic addition to the series.  I'm still hoping that we get to see Victor and Will meet their matches because they really have had to wait long enough.  A huge hurrah to Joss Stirling for keeping the quality of this series so high and for writing such amazing stories. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails