Wednesday 28 May 2014

Review: Rush Too Far - Abbi Glines

Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines, published by Simon and Schuster on 8th May 2014

Goodreads synopsis:
Fallen Too Far introduced us to Rush Finlay, the gorgeous charming son of a famous rock star, and Blaire Wynn, the girl from Alabama who rode into Rosemary Beach, Florida, in a pick-up truck with a gun under the seat looking for her estranged father. United under one roof by the surprising marriage of their parents, Rush and Blaire couldn't hate each other more. But it only took a summer to for everything to change…

Fallen Too Far was Blaire's story. Now it's time for Rush to share his side, and for readers to fall all over again.


Review:
Abbi Glines can do no wrong and with 'Rush Too Far' she treats all of us Rosemary Beach fans by taking us back to the beginning of Rush and Blaire's romance.  We get to see events unfold from the point of view of Rush as he meets Blaire for the first time and falls ridiculously head over heels in love with her. 

I have to say that at no point did the story feel repetitive, even though I already knew what the outcome was going to be.  There were some new scenes featuring Rush which I loved and I particularly enjoyed the fact that even when he was trying to make Blaire dislike him, he was secretly already falling for her and falling hard.  It was great to see how much he changes to become a better person for Blaire and the type of person that she can be proud to stand beside.  He hasn't always made good decisions in the past but he determines that he will do better and be better and he really manages to turn his life around. 

It was such a treat to see of my favourite scenes again from Rush's perspective.  I am obsessed with the infamous 'peanut butter' kitchen scene which causes him to constantly want to watch Blaire eat (so sweet!) and I also love it when he sees her in her cowboy boots for the first time.  No one else can leave him lost for words like Blaire can.  It was also great to see how sweet and caring Rush was towards Blaire.  Although he has been a big womaniser and has a chequered past, he comes such a long way in managing to put that firmly behind him.

Although I was already a big Rush fan, I think this book definitely gave me a greater understanding of his character and I ended up liking him even more than before.  Although I don't agree with a few of the things he does in the first part of the book, I found that I was able to more easily put that to one side this time around.  He and Blaire are such a wonderful couple and I loved getting to read their story again.  It was truly magical!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails